Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookiesare specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages, so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the Website and allow HavasuMemorialWalkway to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than HavasuMemorialWalkway and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them, or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they enable key functionality, such as checkout and login, and allow us to customize your experience. You can configure your desktop or mobile browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies, including how to handle third-party cookies (see Managing Cookie Technologies below).
In addition to cookies, HavasuMemorialWalkway (like many other websites) uses similar technologies to allow us to achieve our mission of helping direct more donations to grassroots charities around the world:
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties. Out of respect for your privacy, HavasuMemorialWalkway has begun to migrate away from social widgets to simple hypertext links.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Local storage objects: These (sometimes called flash cookies) are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, maintain a history of usage, or even maintain the state or settings of an app.
We use several tools (described below) to collect information about use of this Website. These tools collect information such as how often you visit this Website, what pages you visit when you do so, what elements you interact with, what other sites you used prior to coming to this Website, and 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests). We use the information we get from these tools to improve our Website, for website analysis and statistics and respond to service requests you make.
Security and Authentication (Strictly Necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that HavasuMemorialWalkway works properly for visitors and users, such as: maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the site, authentication and logging into HavasuMemorialWalkway (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted) and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and User Preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as remembering your account or keeping yourself logged in when returning to HavasuMemorialWalkway, maintaining your choices on HavasuMemorialWalkway features and how you want HavasuMemorialWalkway to appear, including keeping track of your preferred currency and country, and customizing content based on how you use HavasuMemorialWalkway.
Facebook: We use various Facebook plugins and cookies to make it easier for you to log in, share content, and so we can track usage of the site from Facebook posts and ads. You can opt-out of Facebook tracking here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/
Security, site and product integrity
PayPal: We use PayPal to collect credit card information and to prevent credit card fraud. This is a legitimate business interest for both HavasuMemorialWalkway as well as consumers-at-large. Information gathered by PayPal is only used to process order transactions. We only use this information when improving our fraud prevention settings and when reviewing questionable transactions.
Performance and Analytics
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the services are functioning in order to improve HavasuMemorialWalkway and the services. This includes, for example, data on site functionality and speed to help us optimize HavasuMemorialWalkway, data on how the services are used, which helps us improve your experience on HavasuMemorialWalkway, and data to help us detect and gather information about bugs to help make HavasuMemorialWalkway work better.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to determine aggregate performance metrics about our site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. We also leverage Google’s DoubleClick ad network to obtain aggregate demographic and interest data about of visitors. We have no method to map this aggregate data to personal data and only use this data provided by Google to better understand our visitors and refine our marketing strategy while keeping our overhead and administrative costs low.
Lawful Basis for the Processing
Certain cookie technologies are employed to make the site function for its intended purpose, and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with HavasuMemorialWalkway to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service noted above.
Managing Cookie Technologies
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers: